Good day Reader,
The blood of the dragon is robust certainly.
Even earlier than the second episode of HBO’s new fantasy collection Home of the Dragon is launched, the present has been renewed for a second season! In any case, the premiere, which aired on Monday, has already been seen by 20 million folks and counting—the best for any new unique present in HBO’s historical past.
In different information, home indices closed greater on Friday—if solely by a hair. The BSE Sensex ended the day 0.10% greater at 58,833 whereas Nifty50 rose by 0.21% to finish at 17,558.
In the meantime, password supervisor LastPass bought hacked. Nevertheless, it doesn’t consider any passwords have been compromised and customers shouldn’t must take motion to safe their accounts.
ICYMI: A 17-year-old turned the youngest individual to fly solo world wide. Mack Rutherford, a Belgian-British twin nationwide, landed in Bulgaria earlier this week, the place his journey started 5 months in the past.
In right now’s e-newsletter, we’ll speak about
- Making cryptocurrency accessible
- Sequoia sells partial stake in Zomato
- Innovation in males’s innerwear section
Making cryptocurrency accessible
For cryptocurrencies to realize widespread recognition, in addition they should be accessible. With this imaginative and prescient, Ray Youssef started Paxful, a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency alternate the place practically 10 million customers commerce frequently internationally.
“It is a enterprise that has to develop from the underside up and that requires super quantities of training, funding in folks and danger and it needs to be constructed up from the bottom up,” he says.
- Paxful is used to ship cash to households for e-commerce, import and export.
- Over six million trades on Paxful originate from Africa.
- Whereas it specialises in Bitcoin, customers could make funds for BTC through Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero, and Golem.
Sequoia sells partial stake in Zomato
After Tiger World and Uber, Sequoia Capital India has sold its partial stake in foodtech decacorn Zomato after the necessary one-year lock-in interval ended submit the IPO final yr.
Sequoia Capital India will promote 171,904,811 shares with voting rights, which it holds via Sequoia Capital India Development Funding Holdings I and Sequoia Capital India Development Investments II.
- This comes after Zomato lowered the funding steerage into Blinkit to $320 million for breakeven.
- Sequoia Capital India Investments IV acquired 45,153,346 incremental shares in Zomato in August 2022 following the acquisition of Blink Commerce, which operates Blinkit.
- Zomato shares closed at Rs 61.90 per share on Friday, down from its earlier shut of Rs 62.05 per share on BSE.
Innovation in males’s innerwear section
Trying on the lack of product innovation within the innerwear market, Yogesh Kabra determined to fill the hole with a model that isn’t solely rooted in consolation and performance, however was additionally enjoyable and playful and aesthetic.
Now, XYXX Apparels has change into a well-liked males’s innerwear model amongst millennials. Within the final six months, the model has expanded to greater than 14,000 multi-brand shops.
- The startup sells three lakh items, principally males’s underwear, each month.
- It witnessed a 300% progress year-on-year throughout FY22 in comparison with the final fiscal yr.
- XYXX not too long ago introduced elevating Rs 90 crore, contributing to a complete Rs 135 crore raised thus fa
We might love to listen to from you! To tell us what you appreciated and disliked about our e-newsletter, please mail email@example.com.